thicko needs help! please

TheHacienda 11:39 07 Feb 09

am i doing something wrong, i installed AVG Free antivirus, and since then when i restart my computer it freezes on the 'windows is shutting down' screen. i have uninstalled and reinstalled that, but still the same. does this make any sense to anyone. my computers brand new and i think i've broke it

Diodorus Siculus 11:54 07 Feb 09

Try system restore to a time before installing AVG as a starter.

wee eddie 11:54 07 Feb 09

Is it your new PC that you are corresponding with us?

We need a few details of the new PC:- OS? RAM? What Programs you have loaded? How long you were on the net before you loaded AVG? Is there a trial version of another AV loaded?

Diodorus Siculus 11:55 07 Feb 09

By the way, how long does it hang for? Could be doing something while waiting to shut down.

birdface 12:00 07 Feb 09

Can you update any of your other security programs.There is a virus going about that stops you running or updating security programs etc.it may be that you have that,Normally when you try and run them it disconnects you from the internet,

TheHacienda 12:01 07 Feb 09

I uninstalled AVG because it kept saying i needed to restart my updater, so I did that, then it just seemed to not want to switch off.

i installed AVG as soon i went on the net when i got it last week, I used to use it on my old PC with no problems
I have loaded Registry Mechanic but uninstalled it because I don't know what i'm doing with it
and it is the PC im on at the moment

TheHacienda 12:01 07 Feb 09

everything seems to be running fine, just won't shut down

TheHacienda 12:06 07 Feb 09

will system restore delete all my files?

Diodorus Siculus 12:11 07 Feb 09

will system restore delete all my files?

No, it should leave all your data intact. But at the same time it's good to have a backup.

Strawballs 12:17 07 Feb 09

As asked before what operating system are you using?

wee eddie 12:22 07 Feb 09

Did it come with a Trial Version of Norton or McAfee installed?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…