Is thhis a virus?

Molly_Don 12:42 18 Oct 09

I've just completed a scan with Malwarebytes, and it's found this: [IMG]click here[/IMG]

Is it a virus, if so, how do I delete it, and also, I have kaspersky internet security, anyone have any idea how it got past it?

OTT_Buzzard 12:52 18 Oct 09

Info. Has also got removal instructions. If you can get malwarebytes or kaspersky to do it automatically that would be the better option.

click here

Molly_Don 13:12 18 Oct 09

Thanks for your advice

I've no idea what I'm doing as my computer knowledge is zero, however, I've downloaded and run what you suggested, it's completed a scan, but now it's asking me for a fee [IMG]click here[/IMG]

Not sure what I should be deletting / removing.

oldbeefer2 13:16 18 Oct 09

When you ran Malwarebytes, the screen showed a 'remove selected'. That should do it for free!

Molly_Don 13:48 18 Oct 09

Hi oldbeefer

Thanks, I've deleted as you suggested, run another Malwarebytes scan, and it seems to be clean.

Jock1e

Thanks for your advice, I only use Malwarebytes and Kaspersky, I did a Kaspersky scan and it found nothing, only Malwarebytes found it, I'm doing another Kaspersky scan and see what if anything it produces.

Thanks guys for the help.

Molly_Don 14:02 18 Oct 09

Following on, I just ran another Kaspersky virus scan, and it found this:

[IMG]click here[/IMG]

I take it that's been deleted also?

OTT_Buzzard 14:06 18 Oct 09

Yes, it's been deleted by Kaspersky.

I should clarify that in my post @ 12.52, I hadn't intended for you to download and install the anti-virus software that the site linked to. It was only meant for information and manual removal instructions.

Malwarebytes and Kaspersky should be perfectly sufficent to keep your PC clean.

Molly_Don 14:12 18 Oct 09

OK OTT_Buzzard

Thanks for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How VR is being used to simulate space

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now