Thermal Sensor Connection - ASUS mobo

cosi 12:07 05 Jun 03

My mobo has a two pin thermal sensor connection. The manual says it's for measuring power supply temperature; providing your PSU has a sensor built in. Mine happens not to. So, ray=ther than have it sitting there doing nothing, I was thinking it would be neat to hook up some type of temperature sensor to it & use this to measure a case temperature.

The problem is I cannot find out what sort of sensor the connection is designed for. All I know is that there is a voltage of around 36 v across the terminals. This suggests to me a resistance type thermometer. But without being sure of the calibration included for in the BIOS, it's anyones' guess what the resistance/temperature characteristic should be for the sensor. Then there is the issue of getting the right socket on the end of it.

Any one got any ideas please or suggestions where to look. I have tried the Asus website. No help there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…