there's no monitor connection on asus P4T533

Beverley Anne 19:26 15 Apr 03

hello again

I am building my own pc using the asus p4t533 motherboard.

I have a Flatron LCD 563L3 monitor that uses the stardard monitor port on my present pc.

when looking on the back of the asus motherboard I noticed that there is not a monitor port.

Can someone tell how I can get around this as I don't want to buy another monitor? Are there any other ports that I use instead?

Are there any pci card avaiable that as a monitor port on it?

Yet another headache to sort out?

Beverley

DieSse 19:44 15 Apr 03

You need a graphics card - the motherboard will have an AGP slot (which is the commonest, current type) for a graphics card. AGP graphics cards give superior performance to those built-on to motherboards, so you will be better off.

They range in price from 30ish to 300sih pounds - depending on how good you want, and what you want to use it for.

A good general purpose card would use an nvidia GeForce4 MX440 chipset - but be manufactured by a wide variety of makers.

DieSse 19:44 15 Apr 03

You need a graphics card - the motherboard will have an AGP slot (which is the commonest, current type) for a graphics card. AGP graphics cards give superior performance to those built-on to motherboards, so you will be better off.

They range in price from 30ish to 300sih pounds - depending on how good you want, and what you want to use it for.

A good general purpose card would use an nvidia GeForce4 MX440 chipset - but be manufactured by a wide variety of makers.

Beverley Anne 20:28 15 Apr 03

Thanks for the reply

I always thought that the monitor port came as stardard on every motherboard.

I brought the Hercules 3d prorphet all-in-wonder 9000 pro 64mb graphic card when I decided I was going to build a pc.

After reading your reply I checked in the box and DVI/VGA connector and I found this had done the job for me.

thanks again

Beverley

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…