Theres backing up and backing up it seems

jack 12:34 12 Sep 04

€Stowes recent warning on backing up gave some thought to us then a chum asked a similar question to which I gave a prompt reply but later came to wonder.........

He said "I'm getting an external drive and want to backup the system against a rainy day- shall I simply copy 'C' drive straight onto it?
I said Yes thats what to do -But is it?
It seems too simple. after all if the system goes down and this 'backup' is on a USB drive
how does he get it back on to 'C'?
My recent purchase of an external drive included software called IntelliStor, My XP Pro system
did not like it at all and I removed it rather sharpish like.
Any comments pease
J

Jeffers22 12:50 12 Sep 04

Ghost or Acronis True Image will allow you to take an image of the C: drive and create a means of booting from either CD or floppy so you can copy the image back if you get into trouble. Personally I prefer Acronis, but I've just done a system restore to a new HDD using the manufacturers CD for my daughter-in-law on a 4 year old Emachines PC. The restore CD used Ghost and worked perfectly.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…