there a yellow exclamation mark against the driver

the pie eater 14:12 24 May 06

Hi All it sems that for some reason the cd and dvd roms have this yellow exclamation mark saying they have been disabled i have go to system restore but to no avail all i see it this A driver (service) for this device has been disabled. An alternate driver may be providing this functionality. (Code 32)

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device. running windows xp
help req thanks

djwheeler 14:29 24 May 06

Try here:

click here

Terry Brown 14:32 24 May 06

I have found the est way is to uninstall (from device manager) the revelent software, then check for hardware changes, this normally corrects any errors, however all rocedures at your own risk.
Terry

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:58 24 May 06

No CD/DVD or CD-ROM access is missing error
Code 31, Code 32, Code 19, Code 39, or Code 41
Try this if the optical drives are not appearing in My Computer or Device Manager.
This is sometimes caused by the removal of Roxio software.
Run regedit and navigate to registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}.
Highlight it and in the right pane, find the Upperfilters and Lowerfilters values.
Highlight each one in turn, right click and delete them. Close regedit and restart the computer.
If in doubt make a restore point before making changes. click here

the pie eater 16:02 24 May 06

Cheers guy's sorted went fruit bats way

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…