Is there a way to Repair IE6 SP1

Lozzy 18:50 23 Feb 03

I have tried add/remove no Blue E. Also tried Add/Remove Windows Components taking the tick off IE re booting then re instating. Still have the same issue so it has not repaired its self. Also tried sfc /scannow with and without XP CD in the Rom. Still not repaired. Also tried re downloading IE6 no Joy there as it says I have the newer version and download stops. Also restored to earlier dates and also carried out registry restore from previous back-ups. Also searched extensively MS Knowledge Base and tried many of the suggestions..

The issue with IE6 is that I cannot close any web page the only way is by ctrl+alt+del then shut down IE6. The OS is XP Pro.

Any idea's anyone??

Djohn 19:03 23 Feb 03

Hi lozzy, have you tried, Right click on IE Icon, then advanced tab, and put a tick in, (Install on demand). Best regards. J

Lozzy 19:05 23 Feb 03

Its always the simplest things that allude you.. Thanks John will try that

Lozzy 19:05 23 Feb 03

Its always the simplest things that allude you.. Thanks John will try that

GANDALF <|:-)> 19:07 23 Feb 03

Stick a disk with IE6 in your CD Rom. Start up the installation and when it gets to the normal/custom screen choose custom. Select all EXCEPT media player and languages. Continue and reboot when loaded.

G

Ironman556 19:10 23 Feb 03

Sorry this probably won't be too useful, but it's an attempt.

I'm not sure if you'll know what I'm on about, I can't remember the name, maybe someone else will?
A while ago I came across a program in one of the posts here (so some might remember what I mean) that would scan the registry files of IE for irregularities. I think it was mainly to pick up spyware changes tp the IE registry. You can then change the registry back to what it should be through the program.

I'll take a look through my posts, and if I find/remember what it is, then I'll post the link.

Djohn 19:17 23 Feb 03

You know, and I know, that I am simple, but did you have to tell the rest of the forum?

PS. most of them know already! :o)

Lozzy 19:20 23 Feb 03

You are far from simple Djohn and we both know that to be fact

Djohn 19:58 23 Feb 03

Lozzy, thank you so much for the private e-mail.

My best wishes to you. J.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…