is there a way to e-mail music

cham 15:33 22 Sep 03

Surely there must be a way of e-mailing music
Hi there ...is there a way that i can e-mail music to my elderly folks for their pleasure? I've tried compressing it and zipping it...but to no avail...can anyone out there help please?

Jester2K II 15:35 22 Sep 03

Why what goes wrong?

pinka 15:36 22 Sep 03

how big is the file ? as many servers will not let you go over 12mb and some even less . you could try splitting the files for mailing and then thell just have to join them again when they are received .

Jester2K II 15:52 22 Sep 03

the main problem is the obvious one of the receiver not having enough space in their inbox i.e.hotmail
I just thought that with so many people listening and downloading music that as the most popular mail server is hotmail there must be someone out there who has managed to find a way to send music files easily

seedie 15:56 22 Sep 03

Put the music on a cdrom and post it to them

MAJ 16:43 22 Sep 03

The CD option is the best option, but you can split the file using a file splitter like JASP click here at least that way you can email it a bit at a time.

WaiKent 17:35 22 Sep 03

are they mp3 format. it shouldnt be too big should it? and the zipping shouldbe no problem/

Peverelli 19:34 22 Sep 03

I often send songs in mp3 format to a fellow songwriter and have had absolutely no problems either end. It helps, of course, that we're both using broadband. I send one song per email, usually between 2 and 5 Mb.

kinger 20:11 22 Sep 03

I believe that HotMail limits what it can receive, that is, until you pay them 50 quid or so, then they allow you to receive bigger emails.

One of the messenger programs should allow file transfers but you must both have the program. Ie AOL messenger or similar.

johnnyrocker 08:35 23 Sep 03

hotmail has a file limit of 2 meg few songs are smaller than this, how many songs are you trying to send at a time? best advise is either a file trs via one of the messenger services yahoo and msn work very well, for more than one at a time you could try outlook express which has greater flexibility.

cheers.
johnny.

cham 12:05 23 Sep 03

Thank you all for your helpful advice....Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…