Is there a way to Back-up to Disk all my Emails ?

Giggle n' Bits 01:03 04 Dec 04

Could do with a back up of all my Emails in the Inbox & Deleated items box of Outlook Express 6 running 98SE.

Backing up the Address book was no problem but how about getting emials of. Shurley its not a Print job ?

johnnyrocker 01:15 04 Dec 04

try a search for dbx files then file export might work.

johnny.

beeuuem 02:20 04 Dec 04

You could try click here Using this you can create a folder eg OE Backup anywhere you choose and burn to disk.
It can save all your mailboxes and the address book in one operation.

GroupFC 09:15 04 Dec 04

You could try a search for the .dbx files and then burn them to a back up medium. In order to read them from the .dbx files get this click here

Good Luck!

Carafaraday 09:53 04 Dec 04

I got this freebie way back - about 2 years ago but I presume it's still around - backs up (and restores) without any bother - I know it works, cos I had a total pc failure in the summer and restored all the old emails to my new pc easily and quickly.

kyprosman 12:39 04 Dec 04

Make a folder to your desktop, open your outlook express,select your emails, then drag and drop em to your folder on desktop, then burn em to disk. andy.

Giggle n' Bits 14:03 04 Dec 04

Your idea seems the easyway but thanks to everyone who posted there ideas.

Bagsey 15:02 04 Dec 04

I would not have thought of that way, because it is to easy. Thanks very much for the tip. That is why I like computers so much, everyday I learn something new. Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now