Is there such a thing...

ajm 23:42 05 Jul 05

as a hard drive enlosure with a ethernet/lan port?
I know there are storage devices that can plug into a LAN connection for shared access and these have hard drives inside them.

I wish to put a hard drive in such a enclousre and connect to my DG834G router to access files/data.

De Marcus 23:55 05 Jul 05

click here for the full thing, I don't seem to be able to find a caddy one.

ajm 23:59 05 Jul 05

Have done a google.co.uk search and it seem that RLSUPPLIES.CO.UK seems to have them. However the website seemd to be down.

Belatucadrus 00:24 06 Jul 05

click here
ebuyer do a range from 120 to 300Gb, prices start at £116.30 plus VAT

ajm 00:28 06 Jul 05

Thanks for those who have responded. I am after just the ENCLOSURE that has a ETHERNET/LAN port in the back. I have a 3.5" hard drive that i wish to put in the enclosure and connect that as a network drive through my Netgear DG834G router so that my pcs and apple notebook can access files and documents through it.

Belatucadrus 09:37 06 Jul 05

Most caddies are USB, Firewire or a combination of the two. When it comes to Ethernet RJ45 equipped NAS solutions, the only ones I could find were bare bones multi drive units starting at about £763 click here .
I'm not saying that what you're looking for doesn't exist, but if it does it's very very rare

ajm 09:42 06 Jul 05

Just out of interest, can anyone access click here

Belatucadrus 10:09 06 Jul 05

You could get a USB caddy and link it to the router via a Linksys NSLU2 click here but there doesn't appear to be much of a price advantage and data transfer rates will be lower.

"can anyone access" the RL site is up, but try to get anywhere in it and you keep getting SQL Server error messages. I think you can safely say they've got big problems.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…