Is there a simple guide to Word shortcuts!

beattyben 19:17 06 Feb 05

Can anyone out there help?. Is there a simple and easy to follow guide for shortcuts in Word?. I have several friends that are new to computing and rather than sit here for hours/days typing up even simple commands, does anyone know of an easy to follow guide. I remember using one (years ago) for Word Perfect that sat quite neatly on the keyboard.

Your help/advice would be appreciated.

VoG II 19:23 06 Feb 05
  Lokit 03:48 07 Feb 05

Look at this guide - click here access - which lists shortcuts for Word and many others - aimed at persons with various disabilities.

I find it invaluable.

Lokit 03:51 07 Feb 05

Sorry,link didn't post correctly.

"Accessibility Information" top right.

Taff36 06:35 07 Feb 05

In Word 2002 the following is from the help file when you type "Keyboard Shortcuts" into the search.

On the Tools menu, point to Macro, and then click Macros.
In the Macros in box, click Word commands.
In the Macro name box, click ListCommands.
Click Run.
In the List Commands dialog box, click Current menu and keyboard settings.
Click OK.
On the File menu, click Print.

You get 8 pages but every command currently set up on your computer is listed in a table. I would suggest you delete all the one`s that are of no interest to your friend at this stage and then print out perhaps one page of the most useful. (Second thoughts it may be quicker and easier to cut and paste the most useful to a new document!)

This probably works in earlier versions of Word too but I can`t check so post back if you have a problem and someone else will check it out for you.

Taff36 06:41 07 Feb 05

Ah! Just noticed that in VoG`s link to the Microsoft Knowledge Article there are links to the Word 2000 and Word 97 versions right at the top of the page which will tell you how to do it in earlier versions of Word. (Sorry Vog!)

Note however that by printing these from your own computer you have an accurate list of what is set up on that computer. Shortcuts can be set up and changed to suit the individual user of course.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…