Is there risk of conflict with Norton Anty Virus

User-324448 11:43 01 Oct 04

Need I be worried about conflict between Norton Anti Virus, Nortons Firewall, and Spybot or Adaware or XPs firewall.
After months of trial and error I have at last got a pals system working correctly, he uses a company called Barbox as his ISP, I want to ensure he does not get any more upsets with intruders or viruses. Thanks in anticapation, Prof.

Noelg23 11:46 01 Oct 04

well I use AVG for antivirus and Zone Alarm for firewall along with Ad-aware and Spybot S&D with Windows Firewall and all are working ok...altho with Norton you may get some conflicts...they can slow your system down and cause abit of problems when trying to connect to wont happen at the start but somewhere down the line you will notice this...but see how you go for now...

SANTOS7 11:48 01 Oct 04

You have mentioned two firewalls if you run both you will almost certainly have software conflict, and as you say finding the right balance is dificult. If you are not happy with norton, AVGS free antivirus is as good as any and i do not know of any conflicts,good luck

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 12:03 01 Oct 04

Norton and windows firewalls definately conflict, numerous thread from people with this problem.

Norton is the better one of the two so switch off XP DO NOT RUN WITHOUT ANY.

If Norton causes problems then save your money a good combiaantion is:

ZoneAlarm Firewall click here

AVG antivirus click here

Anti Spyware :-
Adaware click here
Spybot S&D click here
Spywareblaster click here

User-324448 14:09 01 Oct 04

Thanks to you all you have confirmed what I thought by and large, I will try all your suggestions but not all at the same time, Thanks again. Prof.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…