Is there a reliable free PDF converter available?

sheila.weston 15:43 PM 18 Dec 11

I have only one or two files which I need to convert back to a RTF or Doc file for editing. Is there such a thing as a free pdf converter on the internet? I like the sound of the ABBYY PDF Transformer, as I have the free version of the OCR reader, but the trial download allows one to save only two converted pages at a time, which is no good.

Graphicool1 16:16 PM 18 Dec 11

No need to convert back, here's a couple of FREE PDG Editors...CLICK HERE & HERE

Belatucadrus 16:21 PM 18 Dec 11
  sheila.weston 20:47 PM 18 Dec 11

pdzilla sounds good, but I don't seem to be able to open any of my pdf files. I get an error message saying thet 'an invaid character was found in text content. line2=%'.

My laptop runs Vista.

I'll try the PDFill on the cnet page now.

sheila.weston 21:04 PM 18 Dec 11

I downloaded it again and it has worked BUT only shows 50 pages out of the 200 in the document, as it is a trial version. It is half the price of Abbyy, though!

sheila.weston 22:30 PM 18 Dec 11

Re the Free PDF Editor from CNET - there don't appear to be any directions and it seems to want to convert doc files to PDF, but not the other way around. How do I use it?

Thanks for any help.

beeuuem 23:28 PM 18 Dec 11

This appears to work. I used it to convert a 50 page document, although it depends on how much editing you need to do. It appears to convert on a line be line basis and this id reflected in the formatting of the Word document

Terry Brown 09:47 AM 19 Dec 11

The problem may be with the PDF pages. If they are created using a PDF editor they should be OK, however if they are created by scanning a document they may be in picture format (no seperate text) and cannot (as far as I know)be converted.

sheila.weston 14:02 PM 19 Dec 11

Many thanks, all. I found that smart soft's product worked very well ( It coverted all 200 pages to rtf, which I then was able to save as a *.doc file. Just what I want.

Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Android apps 2015/2016: Best apps for your new phone or tablet - what apps should I download?

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Uniqlo uses your brain waves to find your perfect T-shirt

What everyone thinks of the new Steve Jobs movie | 21 Facts about the Steve Jobs film | PLUS:…