Is there a programme for showing caps lock on

Taw® 20:02 16 Apr 05

I recently bought a wireless keyboard not realising till I got it home there is no light to indicate whether the Caps lock is on. As I am a useless typer I was wondering if there is any programme that would show on the screen whether it was on or off? I use the accessibility sound so at least I know when I select it what mode it is in, but just not as good as the visual

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:12 16 Apr 05
  stalion 20:13 16 Apr 05
  justme 21:01 16 Apr 05

If you are going to look at the screen to see if the caps lock is on or not surely you don't need a program to tell you. If the caps lock is on then anything you type will be in CAPITAL letters.

Type one letter and if it is not the way you want it then press Backspace and then Caps Lock. Problem solved and one less program using up your computer's memory.

Simsy 07:41 17 Apr 05

about a year ago, I eventually tracked down a great little prog called "Toggler". It's not free, but only cost $5, (dollars).

I'm at work at the mo so don't have a link, but a search should find it easily.

Sits in the system tray, and can be configured to show and or alarm when CapsLock, NumLock or ScrollLock is on/off.

That's all it does so it's not demanding of system resources.

Good luck,

Regards,

Simsy

Simsy 07:45 17 Apr 05

click here

Regards,

Simsy

Taw® 21:12 23 Apr 05

Many thanks for the links and, justme, how right you are. isn't it amazing how technical we get and yet we overlook the simple things.

snorkel 18:43 11 Dec 05

A bit late but doesn't your desk top receiver have lights on it?My microsoft reciever has 3 lights...Caps lock..number lock...and F-lock.Apparently they do this to conserve the batteries in the keyboard.

Taw® 19:24 11 Dec 05

Cheers snorkel but my receiver is not that advanced, just the one light to let me know its on

Curio 19:38 11 Dec 05

If you go into Control Panel, Accessibility options and Click on Use Toggle Keys, you will get an audible warning when you change from upper to lower case

Curio 19:38 11 Dec 05

If you go into Control Panel, Accessibility options and Click on Use Toggle Keys, you will get an audible warning when you change from upper to lower case

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…