Is there an option in Outlook to switch identity?

as400man 11:34 27 Sep 03

I am trying to change from Outlook Express to Outlook. In Express my wife and I can have different addresses and then switch identity. We use the same default identity to start Windows XP in Classic mode.
Is there a similar option in MS Outlook?
Thanks and regards.

fitshase 11:56 27 Sep 03

The simple answer is Yes. When you install Outlook, you should be prompted for an option.

- Open control panel

- Switch to classic view

- Double click on Mail

- Click on Profiles...

- Add your profiles here.

as400man 12:02 27 Sep 03

I have set up a second account. But how do I switch to this account in Outlook? It starts up with my account and mails sent to me arrive OK. When I send a mail to the second account and hit send/receive, it looks like it is doing something (receiving mail for the correct account). But how do I switch to the account to see the mail?

fitshase 14:28 27 Sep 03

- Open Control Panel

- Switch to classic view

- Double click on Mail

- Click on Profiles...

- Select "Prompt for a profile to be used" under "When starting Microsoft Outlook, use this profile:"

When you start Outlook, it should pop up with a box asking you to select the profile you want.

as400man 15:57 27 Sep 03

Done as you suggest but all Mail options are to do with Accounts not Profiles. Nothing in Properties either. Thanks for taking an interest by the way.

y_not 20:13 27 Sep 03

Have you read this? click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…