there is no "From" line in my OE

palinka 10:47 25 May 06

I posted a thread here and received helpful responses, but realise they have thrown up a new problem - I use OE on 2 different systems: on PC running XP I have a From line at the top of my OE new messages; on PC running Win ME there is no From line. Is this a coincidence, or is it caused by the different OS? OE is version 6 in both cases. How can I get a From line in OE with Win ME?

Taff™ 10:55 25 May 06

Right click one of the column headers you have (e.g. Subject) and select columns. Tick the required box.

johnnyrocker 10:57 25 May 06

doesn't work for me with xp pro but i only have one oe account so not a prob.

palinka 11:04 25 May 06

I'm confused, Taff™. Which "Column headers" are you referring to?

Taff™ 11:43 25 May 06

Try View menu then Columns. This will add the columns along the top line of the inbox. You could also select "Account" which will tell you which e-mail address it was sent to.

MESH Support 12:34 25 May 06

Taff's thinking of the From column when listing all your emails received.

If you mean when sending you want to change from the default account then you need to open an email, go to view and you should see "From Field" as well as "Bcc Field" which are disabled by default.

MESH Support 12:38 25 May 06

Oh I just re-read and see you are using Outlook Express.

The options I refer to are in Outlook which I use, but not in Outlook Express 6 which is the latest version I have installed.

Hmm, I can't seem to find the option in OE6.

StanH 13:01 25 May 06

Do you have only one POP e-mail account - if so this may be it. Try adding another account

harristweed 13:09 25 May 06

In O E V6. right click on the grey bar that has the column names (from, subject etc) a menu appers, select columns.... here you can select the columns that display.

palinka 21:55 25 May 06

thanks everyone; apologies for causing confusion when I referred to the "From Line".Taff thought I meant the column that tells you who has SENT the email. Sorry Taff™. But MESH Support decided (rightly) that I meant the From line when you WRITE an email - at the top of a new email there is To; Cc; Bcc: etc. and that's where (on my XP machine) there is a line saying From which shows my email address and I think it was there even when I had only one account on it. That's the line that I want on my ME machine. Interesting that MESH support can't find it either. I'll try installing another account and see if that causes the line to appear.

Taff™ 07:16 26 May 06

Jumping to conclusions again! I`ll fire up an ME machine and get back to you!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Apple Event live stream | Apple October Event live blog: Watch Apple unveil new MacBook Pro, new…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Lida designs a cross-stitch email sent to thousands of Ikea Family members

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: Faster performance, a brighter screen, water-ret…