Is there an MSN.Windows L/ messenger Removal tool

birdface 15:53 19 Feb 08

Just wondering if anyone knows of a removal tool for removing MSN Messenger and Windows Live Messenger from a computer.I have Googled for one but cannot find any.I just did a search on my computer for MSN messenger and there is loads of bits and pieces on there but I don't want to delete anything that I might need.I can remove WLMessenger. from Add Remove.But it is the junk it leaves behind that is the problem. I just thought that a nice removal tool would do it properly.Anybody got any ideas ,or is it best just to leave it.

Technotiger 15:57 19 Feb 08

Have a read of this - links to removal instructions near the bottom click here

Technotiger 15:58 19 Feb 08

After doing any removals, run click here to clear up any leftovers.

ianeon 20:38 19 Feb 08

click here may be of interest

rossgolf 20:44 19 Feb 08

ianeon
click here
corrected link

birdface 08:54 20 Feb 08

Ok.Thanks for the help.Thought it was safer to keep my Hotmail account so followed Technotiger's way,Ran C Cleaner then reinstalled Windows Live Messenger.I still get a massive page of things to do with MSN when I go into Search and type in msn.Just thought that maybe I could have reduced some as they are probably not needed.Anybody else like to try and type msn into search to see if they have the same problem.I suppose its one of those things that you have to put up with.

Technotiger 08:58 20 Feb 08

I would advise you not to try and remove any of those items appearing in Search, you could end up with more problems.

birdface 09:20 20 Feb 08

Yes thought as much. Ok will class this as resolved.Just thought that a removal tool would have got rid of the bits not needed.Thanks for your help.

Technotiger 09:39 20 Feb 08

My Pleasure ..... Cheers.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…