is there a microsoft word starter on a windows 8.1 acer laptop

laptopdunce 07:17 01 Dec 14

I have bought a new Acer laptop, not got the model nr by the hand, its a windows 8.1 OS, it has a microsoft word installed in the control panel but I cannot find a word starter pack anywhere, is there a microsoft word starter pack on this laptop? and if so how can I pin it to the task bar? (I have downloaded open office for the time being to just do simple letters and things) thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

laptopdunce 07:23 01 Dec 14

PS: this is the model Acer laptop I bought:- click here did try to sell me the MS word programme so I assume that MS word is not included, but there is something like MS word programme in the programs in control panel, I cant find the (usually free) MS word starter pack anywhere on the computer, so I would just like to know if this word starter pack is included in this particular laptop? thanks LAPTOPDUNCE

They

The Kestrel 07:54 01 Dec 14

Here's a link to a free download of Microsoft Office Starter which includes Word.

click here

BRYNIT 07:55 01 Dec 14

You may have a trial version of MS Office install but I doubt you will have the Office starter pack. As you have downloaded Open Office it should have all you need and I believe other from this forum use it.

You can access a cut down version of Office on the MSN web site that can access using your Outlook or hotmail account and password.

The Kestrel 07:57 01 Dec 14

Sorry just read that the above download will not work on Windows 8 machines.

Jollyjohn 10:26 01 Dec 14

MS office starter will not install on Windows 8.1

It will install on Windows 8, must be run as administrator, and it will continue to work, with a patch after update to 8.1

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…