Is there a good indoor wideband aerial for

pj123 14:33 10 Apr 08

freeview reception?

I have just bought an HD TV/PC Flatscreen Monitor.

It comes with Freeview built in.

It is working really good as a PC monitor but I don't have an aerial to check the TV side of it.

I have a rooftop wideband aerial for my normal TV freeview reception but it is at least 52 foot away from where my PC is.

What I have is a 15" wide screen lcd with HDMI and DVB whatever that means.

The connections it has are:

HDMI, VGA, SCART, S-VIDEO, VIDEO, L(AV), R(AV), PC-IN, HP and RF.

At the moment I am only using is a PC monitor, but would like to view TV at some time in the future.

jolorna 14:41 10 Apr 08

a google search click here= a few to chose from

Stuartli 14:44 10 Apr 08

After seeing this review, I bought one of these Telecam TCE2000 indoor aerials for £9.99 from Argos for use with a bedroom 15in Sony TV and Freeview set top box.

click here

It does everything it says on the tin (as good as the amplified version it seems) and brings in good Freeview signals.

Re your rooftop aerial. I run a 60ft coaxial cable under the floorboards to the front room TV (we mainly use the back room); initially the signal goes through an aerial amplifier (which also delivers a feed for the back room LCD set) and then via the coaxial cable to another aerial amplifier, serving both the TV and my computer's Twinhan Freeview PCI TV card.

oldbeefer2 16:18 10 Apr 08

pj123. You know that you won't get HD through Freeview do you? Has to be satellite.

Stuartli 16:23 10 Apr 08

I'm quite sure he's aware...:-)

But the situation may change next year.

Pamy 16:25 10 Apr 08
  Stuartli 16:36 10 Apr 08

Also:

click here

pj123 17:01 10 Apr 08

I am not particularly bothered about the High Definition bit at the moment.

It would just be nice to find an indoor aerial that will give me some sort of TV reception.

I have just emailed the guy who installed my free to air motorised Satellite system and also my wideband aerial for freeview. I asked for a cost to run a second cable from my wideband aerial to my computer.

Awaiting response.

Stuartli 18:00 10 Apr 08

If you try the indoor aerial I've already mentioned, at the worst you would only lose a tenner and it would still probably be of use in some way.

It certainly brings in a good signal in my case.

pj123 15:30 12 Apr 08

Got no response from my installation guy, so emailed him again.

In the meantime I will try the Argos aerial that Stuartli mentions.

Unfortunately, I am house/wheelchair bound so I have to wait for a friend/neighbour to go to
Argos and get it for me. Alternatively, I can get Argos to deliver but that's another £5 which makes it £15. As a pensioner that's quite a lot of money to throw away if it doesn't work.

Stuartli 15:57 12 Apr 08

>>As a pensioner that's quite a lot of money to throw away if it doesn't work.>>

I wouldn't have even brought it to your attention if it didn't work....:-)

In any case you are protected by the Sales of Goods Act i.e. not fit for purpose if, by any chance, it doesn't work in your case; this could be caused by a number of reasons, including the fact that the signal may be weak in your area or blocked by buildings.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac