Is there a good free idiot's website builder

LanceAlot 10:23 AM 17 Aug 12

I'm trying to build a friend's website using Frontpage 2003 but it's proving to be more difficult than I thought. I assumed it was more user-friendly than it actually it. I can't even get free templates which would make it a lot easier.

I need an idiot's website creator is it's possible.

TIA

LanceAlot 09:27 AM 18 Aug 12

I guess not then.

LanceAlot 09:24 AM 19 Aug 12

Thanks for that. But perhaps I'll peruse instead of loitering ;o)

StacyR 06:23 AM 21 Aug 12

Have you considered using Wordpress? It might help you.

Also, I don't know if that's exactly what you want, but you can try one of the DIY site builders. I know about jimd, exai.com, wix, etc.

tiiigers 14:23 PM 30 Aug 12

Hi guys,

i had that problem for a long while too. :-( until i found web to date 8. i really like this program. @lancealot it also offers predetermined templates.

LanceAlot 15:36 PM 30 Aug 12

I managed to learn a bit about Serif WebPlus Starter and have now published my simple site www.herickothieno.webplus.et

Many thanks for all replies.

LanceAlot 15:56 PM 30 Aug 12

what happened to the n in net?

LanceAlot 09:13 AM 31 Aug 12
  LanceAlot 12:14 PM 31 Aug 12

Thanks for your constructive input. I have put tags for search engines but I'm not sure how to do the label thing.

The window bars are not of the best design, looking more 'prison-like' but my friend is not easily advised. I have a much better design on our house nearer the lake which is easier on the eye.

I'll have a tinker to see if I can improve.

Forum Editor 00:05 AM 01 Sep 12

I agree with fourm member, this is a good start.

I suggest that you include a location map, some information about local amenities - shopping, public transport, that kind of thing.

It's also helpful to include a rental tariff.

Eventually you might add a page with some links/information about local tourist attractions - perhaps the Impala Park, the Kiboko Bay Beach Resort, boat rides,etc.

Some information about local culture and customs is a good idea, as is climate information, and anything else that will help to inform potential customers.

LanceAlot 09:32 AM 02 Sep 12

Once again, thanks. There's a lot for me to digest.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus launch live: What to expect from Apple's 9 September 2015…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This installation lets you control a laser and sound show using your mind

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites