Is there a good free idiot's website builder

LanceAlot 17 Aug 12

I'm trying to build a friend's website using Frontpage 2003 but it's proving to be more difficult than I thought. I assumed it was more user-friendly than it actually it. I can't even get free templates which would make it a lot easier.

I need an idiot's website creator is it's possible.

TIA

LanceAlot 18 Aug 12

I guess not then.

LanceAlot 19 Aug 12

Thanks for that. But perhaps I'll peruse instead of loitering ;o)

StacyR 21 Aug 12

Have you considered using Wordpress? It might help you.

Also, I don't know if that's exactly what you want, but you can try one of the DIY site builders. I know about jimd, exai.com, wix, etc.

tiiigers 30 Aug 12

Hi guys,

i had that problem for a long while too. :-( until i found web to date 8. i really like this program. @lancealot it also offers predetermined templates.

LanceAlot 30 Aug 12

I managed to learn a bit about Serif WebPlus Starter and have now published my simple site www.herickothieno.webplus.et

Many thanks for all replies.

LanceAlot 30 Aug 12

what happened to the n in net?

LanceAlot 31 Aug 12
  LanceAlot 31 Aug 12

Thanks for your constructive input. I have put tags for search engines but I'm not sure how to do the label thing.

The window bars are not of the best design, looking more 'prison-like' but my friend is not easily advised. I have a much better design on our house nearer the lake which is easier on the eye.

I'll have a tinker to see if I can improve.

Forum Editor 01 Sep 12

I agree with fourm member, this is a good start.

I suggest that you include a location map, some information about local amenities - shopping, public transport, that kind of thing.

It's also helpful to include a rental tariff.

Eventually you might add a page with some links/information about local tourist attractions - perhaps the Impala Park, the Kiboko Bay Beach Resort, boat rides,etc.

Some information about local culture and customs is a good idea, as is climate information, and anything else that will help to inform potential customers.

LanceAlot 02 Sep 12

Once again, thanks. There's a lot for me to digest.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message