Is there a free spy programme?

birkdalite 09:12 27 Dec 03

I have tried various so called "free" spy ware downloads whih have worked excellently in finding all spyware, until you try to remove the offending items, then you are told that in order to do so you need to buy the full programme.Can anyone advise please? Thanks

TECHNODIMWIT 09:18 27 Dec 03

click here

no doubt members will recomend other progs.

try and decide for your self

961 09:19 27 Dec 03

click here works for me

Nellie2 09:33 27 Dec 03

Then of course there is Adaware click here very good program and I run both Adaware and Spybot because what one misses, the other picks up.

If you want to stop yourself getting infected in the first place then why not try Spywareblaster click here
Spywareguard click here

I run both of those too along with a few others... not that I'm paranoid or anything you understand!!!

Terrahawk 09:34 27 Dec 03

stop it getting on your system in the first place
click here along with spybot s& d to run a check every now and then and adware is another good one click here

birkdalite 09:45 27 Dec 03

plenty to go on with there. Thank you all

Terry Brown 10:41 27 Dec 03

If you want more control over your system and spyware do the foloowing.On Interner Explorer, open TOOLS,Internet Options,Privacy, Advanced,Select Override Automatic Cookies , Select First Party Cokies, Prompt for Third party Cookies.
You can block all third party cookies, however some programs will not run.
Generally speaking, it is the third party cookies(your site links you to another site who adds your name to their list)who add the spyware.

habs 15:25 28 Dec 03

You can download the software from:click here , type adaware from

good luck

Stuartli 15:55 28 Dec 03

Most of the above links are for the same two or three (excellent) spybot utilities..:-)

More than one way, of course, to skin a cat....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…