Is there a firewall that works in Win95?

Dae 22:07 23 Jun 04

I have a "reserve" computer running Windows 95b on a Pentium II, 266.

Does anyone know of a Firewall that runs in Win95, and which downloads all its updates all right in Win95?

Peter 22:20 23 Jun 04

Don't know about the updates, but I'm using ZoneAlarm Version 2.6 under Windows 95 OSR2 and it's working okay for me. I don't worry about updates as it appears to be working alright. I work on the principle of "If it ain't broke don't fix it".

Peter.

Dae 22:21 23 Jun 04

Oops - I have just checked and find that Spybot 1.3 says it works with Win95. Sorry I got my information mixed up, and thought it would not work in Win95.

Dae.

Dae 22:23 23 Jun 04

Peter,

Thanks for the information. It appeared whilst I was writing my earlier response.

Dae 22:36 23 Jun 04

Oops again - I now realise I made a mistake in thinking for a moment that "Spybot" was the name of a Firewall; it isn't, so I ask my question again.

Does anyone know of a Firewall that runs under Windows 95b, and which will download all its updates all right in Windows 95b?

Dae.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 benchmarks: Antutu, Geekbench 4, GFXBench and PCMark results

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This animated short film tells a moving story of domestic violence for Refuge

New iPad 2017 preview: Apple's affordable but underspecced new iPad may appeal to the education…