Is there a cmd command for LAN proxy settings?

whizzbee 19:42 30 Sep 05

In the last issue of PC Advisor, there was a Q&A answer to do with proxy settings in IE, it mentioned a cmd-style command that could be run to quickly change the proxy settings. Is there a similar one for the proxy settings in the LAN connection settings section? If so, what switch needs to be run to change it to direct access (no proxy) automatically?
Any help much appreciated!

Joe R 19:58 30 Sep 05

whizzbee,

this link is for a different problem, but will maybe give you the commands you require.

click here

whizzbee 18:54 01 Oct 05

Thanks very much Joe R, but this doesnt seem to do exactly what I wanted, I was hoping for a way to change the Lan Connection proxy settings under the IE Internet Options, rather than through net connections...

johnnyrocker 19:10 01 Oct 05

internet options/connections tab lan settings at the bottom.

johnny.

whizzbee 20:04 01 Oct 05

Hi Johnny, yes that was where I was looking-however, I was wondering whether there was a cmd command or similar for that, so that I could eventually reset the settings from a shortcut on my desktop, rather than having to go all the way through the settings dialogue boxes every time...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…