Is there card/accessory to get Wi Fi anywhere ?

sac1600 15:20 15 Aug 12

Is there something you can buy for a laptop in order to get WiFi anywhere ?

difarn 15:48 15 Aug 12

Most providers have mobile broadband dongles that you can pay for monthly or are pay as you go.

This gives you some examples.

Ian in Northampton 16:11 15 Aug 12

Do you really mean 'wi fi' or do you mean web access? As difarn has said, you can get a USB dongle that will get you 3G access to the web - but they're pretty expensive for a limited amount of data. My Android phone has a capability to act as a wi fi hotspot: it picks up the 3G signal, and converts it into wi fi, enabling me to connect to the web that way.

difarn 17:11 15 Aug 12

I tether my Blackberry to my laptop from time to time and because I have unlimited data use (subject to Fair Usage Policy) I haven't been charged any extra in this country - I have abroad even with a roaming package.

If you do tether then you need to make sure that your data plan covers what you use - surfing on a laptop using a mobile as a modem uses more data than just using the phone itself.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…