there are no active mixer devices available...

Anubeon 17:56 24 Oct 05

Hello All
I have recently been having difficulties with my laptops audio mixer. I open one of my many media players fully intending to watch a movie or listen to some music only to hear nothing. I then proceed to check volume control and am greeted by the following error dialogue:

"There are no active mixer devices avalaible..."

Of course satan and his evil minions have left that god awfull windows error sound in tact and as loud as hell.

I then proceed to check my audio devices and drivers; system devices shows that all of my drivers are functioning but sure enough control pannel -> sound and audio devices shows no sign of any active audio devices.

Also I have noted that this issue manifests itself mid-session; in one session I was watching movies and playing music fine but when I came back a few hours later my audio had done a runner.

Thus often a swift reboot does the trick, but I would like a more permenant solution if possible.

Thankyou,
Anubeon.

PS: I'm using Windows XP Home SP2, and my audio device is reported my belarc as "Avance AC97 Audio" the drivers for which as mentioned are working perfectly well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac