Is there any way which i can write on a pdf doc

danny0001uk 10:27 23 Apr 03

gobi 10:34 23 Apr 03

If you're thinking of just scriblling on the doc, the latest Acrobat Reader can do it, but if you mean of editing it, then you might need Adobe Acrobat or you might as well convert it to wordprocessing format first. Correct me if I'm wrong.

-pops- 10:47 23 Apr 03

As an addition to what gobi says, you can only edit it if the writer has enabled this in the original file.

One of the basic properties of pdf files was that they should remain the same whatever attempts are made to alter them i.e. the original format and text should remain the same wherever they are read. Making them editable defeats this premise.

danny0001uk 10:59 23 Apr 03

what software can be used to convert pdf to word format

recap 11:03 23 Apr 03

Just copy and paste the required document into Word. In the PDF doc you will need to go to Edit and Select all then Copy before you can paste it into Word.

Converting Microsoft Office application files (Windows)

The default Acrobat installation in Windows includes a macro—Adobe PDFMaker 5.0—
that allows you to create Adobe PDF files quickly and easily from within Microsoft Office
applications. PDFMaker works with Microsoft Word 97, Word 2000, Excel 97, Excel 2000,
PowerPoint 97, and PowerPoint 2000 and is installed automatically if you have the
Microsoft Office application on your system.
By default Adobe PDF files created with PDFMaker generate tagged PDF and preserve
hyperlinks, styles, and bookmarks present in the source document.
To convert a Microsoft Office application document to PDF, choose Acrobat > Convert to
Adobe PDF from your Microsoft Office application menu bar. For further information,
choose Acrobat > Change Conversion Settings and click Help in the PDFMaker dialog box.

Unfortunately in Office XP there isn't the Adobe PDFMaker 5.0 macro.

The way i do it is through the full version of Adobe Acrobat 5.0. Once installed...all you have to do is open the document you want to on print and select the 'Acrobat Distiller' printer and click print.

It is a virtual printer and therefore it won't print but will open the document in adobe acrobat...and you will then be able to save it.

carlos 15:17 23 Apr 03

I just bought Jaws pdf creator for £30. Haven't used it yet, tho. Cross-platform too. The editor costs about that again but is obviously still a lot cheaper than Adobe Acrobat, which I use at the mo.
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…