Is there any good hard disk duplication software

twoshoes 17:10 04 Jul 04

I've currently got a 60Gb hard disk and am looking at changing it to something larger (ie 120GB). Can anyone recommend any good disk duplication software. I'm happy with my OS and dont really want to reinstall.

I was looking at PowerQuest Drive Copy 4.0 but this only seems to support up to 80GB hard disks.

Ta

mak2 17:20 04 Jul 04

Use Partition Magic to partition the drive into 2 and then use Drive Image to copy the image to the first partition. Then you have a second blank drive for all your data.

rawprawn 17:26 04 Jul 04

Try Acronis click here

ton 18:23 04 Jul 04

Most of the main HD makers supply software free that will copy everthing to your new drive.

All you do is install the new drive as slave, tell the software to copy, then set the new drive as master.

I have used the Western Digital software to do this and it does everything needed to your new drive to get it working.
It is very simple and easy to use.

If you buy an OEM hard drive, without any software, then, in the case of Western Digital at least, you can download it from their website.
The software comes in windows or dos versions.
To do your job you can use the windows version.

twoshoes 19:20 04 Jul 04

My HD id a Maxtor. I've looked on thier website and they have software called Maxblast which may do the trick. I'll have to look into it a little further...

cheers guys, especially you ton!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…