Ruralgentlemen 16:27 09 Mar 05

When I select different settings to make up a theme it returns to the settings prior to my selections.

rawprawn 16:35 09 Mar 05

Are you right clicking on the desktop, selecting Properties then themes, choosing one and clicking Apply ?

Ruralgentlemen 16:47 09 Mar 05

Many thanks for your responce. Yes I am doing everything you say, also I am selecting colours sizes etc. etc. The new theme is displayed for about ten minutes then it reverts back to the theme before I made the changes.

rawprawn 17:11 09 Mar 05

Are you on XP, can you run a system file check ?

rawprawn 17:25 09 Mar 05

Or even try a system restore ?

Ruralgentlemen 15:29 10 Mar 05

Have not tried "file check" I will have to get my "Dummies" book out. Yes have run System Restore.
I don'nt want to speak too soon but it seems a lot better today, many thanks

rawprawn 08:38 11 Mar 05

To help you with system file check which I don't think will be in the "dummies" book. Go to Start / type sfc /scannow (Note the space between sfc and / )hit enter, you will probably need your XP CD, if it asks for it put it in and hit OK it will check all the system files on your computer for errors. It will not delete or corrupt any data, it is safe.
If you feel you have resolved your problem, please tick the Resolved Box. Thank you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…