Is their a utilty to to remove/clean out USB Modem

Giggle n' Bits 18:55 31 Jul 06

Drivers? I remember one from years ago but are they available for download and link please

Jackcoms 21:25 31 Jul 06

What's wrong with Add/Remove Programs?

ade.h 21:36 31 Jul 06

And uninstalling the device driver from Device Manager?

Giggle n' Bits 01:34 01 Aug 06

can leave a trace of rubbish in the registry, I have aquired a reg cleaner but would this clean out USB traces and really know if there were redundant usb driver files.

I also believe that the Add/Remove programmes do not fully remove programes.

Eg have you ever uninstalled AOL ? cos your will find x hunder of remaining reg files even though you have used add/remove option.

Uninstalling from Device Manager, humm thats a thought but again wonder how much actually does that remove. I was helping a friend using a NTL 250 modem, and lent her my spare machine which had a SpeedTouch 330 on previously. Could get online with either machine could not any way make the modem install using the supplied NTL disk connection with a USB cable so in the end I found she had a n
ethernet cable and this worked fine.

This leads me onto Ntl 250 Cable modem with a USB option as well as Etheret. Any suggestion why this modem after 1 year would suddenly stop working with usb cable and only work with a erthernet. Again, I have tried a second machine and either of them would nmot regognise the USB or load driver. it would kick up network adapter not configured correctly DHCP error.

I suggested the modems got a faulty USB port or the cable is damaged in someway.

Strawballs 01:36 01 Aug 06
  Giggle n' Bits 01:46 01 Aug 06

Thats the Reg Cleaner I got earlier today by wrote by some Itallian guy. How do you rate it, I think its very user friendly.

Strawballs 02:34 01 Aug 06

I have been using it for years without any problems. I use it at regular intervals to keep the reg clean of rubbish. you can take things out manually r if you go to tools > registery cleanup > do them all. it will highlight and allow you to remove all entries that do not have the programs installed, it creates a backup that can be restored if need be but I have never had to use it.

Giggle n' Bits 11:27 01 Aug 06

strawballs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…