is their a problem with this site

paddy75 15:18 03 Apr 05

I Have been trying a various times to get logged but keep getting page cannot be displayed,is there a problem with the site.Paddy

Starfox 16:23 03 Apr 05
  Technotiger 17:59 03 Apr 05

Hi, I too have been having same 'problem' - not really a problem at all, I would advise two things 1st, when you get 'page cannot be displayed' just give a tap on F5 on your keyboard, this will refresh the page - this is what I do each time and it works just about every time.

2nd, and I sincerely mean this without intending any personal getting-at-you sort of thing, to you or anyone else - just be a little more patient.

Buchan 35 23:13 03 Apr 05

Technotiger, Hello old friend, your post is as usual informative and diplomatic.

Forum Editor 23:57 03 Apr 05

and I assure you that we're doing everything we can to rectify the problem as soon as possible.

Dan the Doctus 00:26 04 Apr 05

The current server problems seem to be causing a few members to become frustrated. The Internet is a big place and, despite how good this site is, there are plenty of others you can go to. I quite often 'pop in and out' of PCA. Another site I'm very fond of is The Tate - have a look at Turner's Gallery click here (broadband recommended).

jbp1982 00:44 04 Apr 05

you are so right it's just a minor glitch and I am sure it will be rectified soon.

And to the F.E. I'd like to say I have been here about a month, and that PCA is great, I'd be lost without it (well for tips, hints and solutions for the PC anyway, lol)

You're doing a top job here and you have my support, for what it's worth. :) I read a few of those other threads....totally uncalled for!

Kind Regards to all

Forum Editor 00:47 04 Apr 05

Many thanks - I've had better weekends.

SANTOS7 00:51 04 Apr 05

As Mr Ed is burning some midnight oil i am sure it will put a lot of (frustrated) peoples mind at rest that he is replying to the numerous posts on this subject and i am sure PCA will do everything they can as soon as they can......

Paranoid Android 08:55 04 Apr 05

I'm sure part of the problem is the server struggling to cope with 20 million emails to FE asking what the problem is.

FE may I suggest for the future a small but prominent area of the homepage could be set aside for system status, known issues or whatever, and perhaps even a planned rectification date. Hopefully then you will only need to say it once.

Keep up the great job.

(Sorry - got a bit crawly there, it won't happen again !!)

Jakey boy 09:01 04 Apr 05

Your link just closes my browser, both firefox and IE! (?)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…