thedownloadplace, on the level?

Skeletor 15:13 03 Sep 04

Hi all,

Just by chance I came across 'thedownloadplace.com'. I wondered if any forum members have had experience of this site.

On the surface it seems like it might be very handy for downloading all the latest stuff, from software to TV shows and movies, but there seems to be no mention of cost, it wasn't till I pretended to join that it mentioned a $39.95 membership fee.

If anyone has used used this site I would be interested to know the pros and cons (I have my suspicions)

Cheers

iambeavis 19:21 03 Sep 04

I tend to agree with your final statement.

Skeletor 10:49 04 Sep 04

Any weekenders had experience of this site.

Cheers

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:06 04 Sep 04

/me flexes the biggest bargepole ever................from their terms and conditions............'You acknowledge that we have no copyrighted material on our servers'...I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole. it sounds like you pay to join and rely on other 'members' supplying the material. There are similar sites that abound, the scam is that you join the site and then are given a link to join Kazaa, use other member's collections or similar. Judging by that line, no copyright material' this would appear to be similar.

Similar site scam...........click here

and their T&C, the bit about having no copyright material on their site, which would appear to say that other members are filesharing is here....at the very end click here

G

ps...there are NO refunds as well.

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:11 04 Sep 04

here is another...........click here

G

GANDALF <|:-)> 11:13 04 Sep 04

and this is the 'free' player that they promise...looks as if they have even copied the piccie on the site........click here is an excellent player but it is free in any case.

G

Skeletor 11:18 04 Sep 04

Thanks GANDALF <|:-)>

You've pretty much confirmed my suspicions.

I also did a Google and noticed that 'the downloadplace.com and Kazaa seemed to be regularly mentioned in the samne sentence.

Cheers

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac