Taw 21:46 05 Jul 03

I think it is important that every now and then an acknowledgemnt should be made, to all those who offer there advice (free of charge). Sometimes in this wonderful world, of ever expanding speed and technology, we forget that in forums like this, people are giving there time and advice for free. So a big thank you to you all from me!!!!

Megatyte 22:01 05 Jul 03

Posts like this make it all worthwhile.

woodchip 22:07 05 Jul 03

It's nice to see an acknowledgment now and again, although I do not now whether I have help you in the past! I am shure there are many that's not posted that as been helped by just following a thread.

nyx2k 22:13 05 Jul 03

in these cynical and selfish times it is so nice to know there are people around who care enogh to help others, especially when you think that computers are still a fairly expensive thing to buy and the average joe publicdoesnt have a clue how they work.
i for one will raise a glass to you all

GroupFC 22:19 05 Jul 03

Taw, Well said!

Woodchip, How true your words are. I have not been "into computers" for very long but try and visit this site as often as I can. I have a look at threads which I think may be of interest (and which I think I might understand!). It is amazing what little bits you pick up!

Taw 22:30 05 Jul 03

I opened this thread purely in respect, to recognise all those that offer help with no fringe benefits. I think it is worthwhile to step back and think how much this advice would cost, if you were to take out the "Optional warranty" that most pc vendors offer. This forum has for me, been educational and informative, the "regular" advisors (you all know who you are) have been exceptional, and the only dues they receive are our thanks

zanwalk 22:45 05 Jul 03

Good subject. I have learnt and am still learning an enormous amount from this site, it just goes to show how valuable it is to all, whether beginner or not.

Thanks to all who have helped.

woodchip 22:50 05 Jul 03

I myself am still learning if mostly about XP without having it on my comp. in the hope that I can give more advice on XP

powerless 22:56 05 Jul 03

"in the hope that I can give more advice on XP"

Watch this space woodchip and check your email!

woodchip 23:08 05 Jul 03

I shall never be too old to listen and learn 67

Taw 23:37 05 Jul 03

Regardless of age the advice is always useful!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 Plus review: better cameras and waterproofing make this the best iPhone yet

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple to launch new Macs and MacBook Pros at an event on October 27

iPhone vs Android | iOS vs Android: 5 reasons why Apple's iPhones beat Google Android smartphones ()…