thank you for installing!

freakbrothers 12:42 28 Apr 03

hi,

I dont know how, but Ive got a program running which I dont want.
It is not in add/remove programs.
It is called Bi, and the icon is a tv screen.
As soon as I click on any other usual icon now, their is a long delay, and eventually it will open (up to 3mins wait). On my c drive, in program files, their is a new folder called RVP. I cannot delete this as access is denied..
so I opened up the task manager and stopped bpc.exe This , then allowed me to delete the icon and then delete the folder in Program Files.

Problem is as soon as I try and go on the net, their is another long delay, then it says thank you for installing PCBroadcaster. To which their is no option.

Someone, please drop some ideas this way, to help me resolve this issue..

Rgds,
Freddy

MAJ 13:00 28 Apr 03

If you've deleted all you can see, freakbrothers, my next step would be to search the registry to see if there any entries in there referring to this program. To do that, go to Start > Run, type in "regedit" (without the quotes), click OK, go to Edit > Find, type in what you're searching for, PC Broadcaster, RVP, or Bi in this case, click Find Next and delete the entries the registry editor finds for these items. When it finds one and you delete it, press F3 to continue the search until the search is finished. When finished, exit the registry editor and reboot your computer to see if it has cleared the problem. As you'll be editing the registry you need to back it up first.

freakbrothers 13:05 28 Apr 03

Maj,

Thanks for the response...
Ill give it a try now, and let you know how I get on...

Much appreciated,

Freddy

brittas 13:40 28 Apr 03

try loading msconfig.exe and see if there is anything in the startup - if there is simply un-tick it and re-start your pc !!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…