Thank U 4 the great tips about Media Players but..

Triprajul 03:34 04 Nov 09

Greetings:

Thank you for all the great tips about media players but nothing works for me.

I download, with some fructration, the VLC media player from Holland but it doesn't play my DVD. The audio is great but the video is totally scrambled. No picture just a bizarre rainbow of different colors.

I also acted on another suggestion posted on this Forum. I downloaded the KM player from South Korea. My computer doesn't support Korean so the download instructions (they weren't in English or Korean but they were in "dingbat" language) but I did manage to, I think, download the player. However, I did manage, I think, to download the player but when I go to My Computer and click on the Autoplay button for the DVD in question, this program isn't even on the list (although VLC and Windows Media Player (which I don't even have) are). I tried to click on the desktop shortcut for the KMplayer but the program doesn't even work for these DVDs.

This is very fructrating. A computer that doesn't, in this day and age, have a media player all types of media (like DVDs) is like having a computer without electricity.

Basically, and hopefully finally, does anyone know where I can download a copy of Windows MP that doesn't have any viruses or trojan horses attached to it? Any information is greatly appreciated.

weistar 04:42 04 Nov 09

Here is the download from Microsoft:
Windows Media Player 11 for WindowsXP click here

May it is helpful.

rdave13 04:45 04 Nov 09

K-lite Codec Pack; click here

BRYNIT 09:48 04 Nov 09

Triprajul it advisable to keep to the original thread click here

From your original thread I asked are these DVD British or American.

If the DVD's are American they will be region 1 your DVD player may now be set region 2 for Europe and will not play region 1 DVD's.

ArrGee 13:25 05 Nov 09

I posted on your other thread about GOM Player.

No need for codecs, it'll play pretty much anything (more so than VLC).

click here

iscanut2 16:06 05 Nov 09

In your other thread I gave you a non Microsoft link to download older versions of Windows media Player. Why can't you download one of these ?
I would suggest you keep to one thread as it will get very confusing !

iscanut2 16:08 05 Nov 09
  iscanut2 10:45 06 Nov 09

Both your threads ticked as resolved, but we have no idea as to how you resolved it.

Sea Urchin 12:45 06 Nov 09

Both threads? At least 4 or 5 on the same subject all ticked resolved with no input from the op.

iscanut2 15:35 06 Nov 09

Makes you wonder why we bother !

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…