Thai TV on Freeview Box with Sat. Dish

BBez 17:47 29 May 06

Hi, trying to sort a problem with getting Thai Global TV network on the Hotbird 3 satelitte for my friends wife (who is Thai)...

The dish was originally hooked up to a Sky Decoder box but we have now changed it for a freeview decoder box.

When setting up the channels, i can get 100's of channels through the Astra Satellite and when i do a sat search, i get the Hotbird satellite (only Hotbird, not Hotbird 1,2,3 etc) so when i manually program the frequencies (12207 H 27500 3/4 13E) click here it finds the channels but just comes up with "weak signal".

I have also tried changing to 7W with no luck.

Maybe someone here knows how to help with dish adjustment etc and would be most helpful...

any suggestions, thanks in advance...

rsinbad 20:30 29 May 06

sorry not able to answer your problem ; but would suggesr closing this thread and posting into the digital world forum.

you would probably get a better response.

Regards

BBez 22:33 29 May 06

thanks rsinbad for the info, not been on the site for a while, being HGV driver...

dms05 06:45 30 May 06

Just checked on my Hotbird dish. Thai TV is there with 70% digital quality on a 60cm dish. The full settings are Symbol Rate 27500 and FEC is 3/4. Have you selected the correct Polarisation?

Hotbird has a downlink power of 50dbW and W3A from 7 degress is 49dbW cover all of Europe. 12207 is Wide beam rather than Superbeam so it is a little weaker than some. I can (just) receive both using a Sky Mini Dish but a 60cm dish is better (and 80cm allows for bad weather).

Have a look at click here
and click here and click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…