TFT your thoughts???

flaz1984 00:59 29 Dec 04

Hi, was wondering if any one would be able to give me their thoughts on the following monitor, its a Philips PHP 170X5FB.

Its on sale at PC world for £249.99, i would post the link to the page but not sure how to?

Does anyone know where i can find reviews of this TFT or any other suggestions of better TFT's?

Djohn 01:25 29 Dec 04

I'll try and provide the link for you but PC World pages usually time out after a while and links don't often work with their site, but see if this one does. click here

Not had any experience of Philips monitors myself but it seems a nice monitor and at a good price. Have you been into the store and had a look at it as they always seem different when looked at on a web site or magazine as to being sat on the shelf.

Even if you buy from somewhere else its always a good Idea to actually see/touch a TFT monitor before buying. Remember you will be looking at it for quite some time to come.

flaz1984 10:19 29 Dec 04

Yeah, i have been into the shop to see the monitor and the quality looked amazing ( a DVD was playing).

I also thought that the price was quite reasonable so think i may go ahead with the purchase, ill leave the thread open for a while to see if anyone else has any views??

jbaker65 10:44 29 Dec 04

Aldi stores have TFT monitors at far better prices.

mikeyb59 11:28 29 Dec 04

Speaking as someone who has a TFT monitor AND a TFT television I would say GO FOR IT!

Granted, they are more expensive, but the quality has to be seen to be believed.

bremner 11:34 29 Dec 04

Why settle for second best - and save £30.00

click here

Look at the PCA review

click here

flaz1984 16:57 29 Dec 04

Thanks for the help guys, just been down to PC World to buy the monitor, but they were out of stock!! Typical

Anyway, think i will get the Iiyama ProLite E413S as recommended by bremmer, seems like a quality monitor.

Thanks for the advice

JIM 17:05 29 Dec 04

go through the lists and reviews.

click here

jagx400 17:24 29 Dec 04

click here
Just got one of these for the lads xmas prezzie and was impressed so I bought 1 as well

accord 18:04 29 Dec 04

Go for the iiyama as bremmer suggests. I nearly bought that model but went for the LG instead as I got 10% disc from Comet.

My next TFT will probably be an iiyama but 19"

Rayuk 18:24 29 Dec 04

Have E431S myself one of my best pc purchases to date.
Although would have been even better if I had got at the current price.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…