TFT screen problems!

sorefingers 22:38 17 Jun 03

..I'm still looking into the annoying problem of flickering whilst scrolling on these monitors.
I bought and had to return a 17" from Staples...gorgeous machine, but it flickered badly when I scrolled online or using Word etc....would the problem lessen or even disappear if I invested in a dvi connection?

jazzypop 22:41 17 Jun 03

Flickering when scrolling is often due to a lesser quality graphics card (or drivers).

VoG® 22:41 17 Jun 03

Are you sure its the monitor and not your graphics card?

VoG® 22:41 17 Jun 03

Answers in stereo...

Djohn 22:59 17 Jun 03

Think I would agree with both above. I can scroll as fast as my sore-fingers allow me to, and there is no flicker or blur on the screen. j.

sorefingers 23:19 17 Jun 03

..on my new base unit (HP Pavillion 483)is the Radeon 9000 64mb...I have yet to try a TFT with this I therefore worrying unduly?

DieSse 10:02 18 Jun 03

The DVI connection will not affect it one way or another, to answer your specific question.

big staff 11:54 18 Jun 03

It appears to be a bit of a problem with tft monitors. When I changed from a 17" crt I noticed a bad flicker when scrolling. It actually put some strain on my eyes. Somebody on this site said I would get used to it and to a certain extent I have. Now that the novalty of a space saving flat screen has worn off I wish I hadn't sold my Crt. That's (upgrading) life I suppose!!

Djohn 14:29 18 Jun 03

There is no problem with TFT's and scrolling! I'm sorry to hear you have a problem with flickering of your display, but suggest you have another look for the cause.

It would seem a shame to miss out on the benefits of your monitor, if some other component was responsible. Regards. j.

tamc98 14:41 18 Jun 03

I have a 15" Proview TFT monitor and a weedy Radeon VE (32mb) graphics card but have never had a problem with flicker or any other display problems.
Are you sure you have all the right drivers installed and have set the monitor up properly.
HTH. Tony

wee eddie 18:57 18 Jun 03

the way a TFT is made you would have managed to work out why you are experiencing this problem.

As your letters move up/down the screen the diodes or whatever they are called, are being illuminated or not as the case might be.

It's probably a bit like being Car Sick. Your cure is to take a sip of coffee as you scroll and then read the text when it is immobile.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…