TFT screen input - analogue to digital conversion?

The Belarussian Mafia 18:33 25 Feb 04

A long shot this one. Is there an adapter that would enable a flat panel monitor to accept digital input? It occurred to me that this might be possible as some screens (such as mine) are sold in two versions, one with just analogue input, the other with both, while appearing to be identical in every other way. PS Sadly anyone who knows this much could ONLY be an inveterate techoanorak...

Rayuk 18:59 25 Feb 04

You can get an analogue to dvi convertor connector,not so sure it would work the way you want it to.

As an example Hercules do an analogue tft monitor and also a digital one which is a lot dearer.Going by this I would assume that extra hardware is required for digital.[But then again I have been told more than once "one should not assume anything"

The Belarussian Mafia 21:24 01 Mar 04

Thanks for having a go, Rayuk. I think I know what you are referring to; my graphics card came with an adapter like that, but I assume some kind of screen-based gismo would be required...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…