TFT screen has gone sideways??

tomcats 11:00 25 Feb 05

a friend of ours has a TFT screen with a new p.c. and the desktop is running sideways as in you have to put the screen on its side to view it I have not seen it myself and only no its an LG brand and she is running xp but dont know if she has the sp2 installed as she is unsure any ideas?

Eric10 11:21 25 Feb 05

Check the Display Properties. The Properties dialogue for my ATI Radeon card has a tab for "Catalyst Control Centre" where you can change the rotation of the screen between Standard Landscape, Left, Right, or Inverted. Your friend may have similar options.

FelixTCat 12:21 25 Feb 05

Is the screen designed to rotate (some are)? They come with software to rotate the output to the screen for when you rotate it. Perhaps they set the rotate in this software.

tomcats 13:18 25 Feb 05

I have printed this off to pass on and will let you guys know if its been a success or not

cheers

vinnyT 13:22 25 Feb 05

It could be either of the above 2 suggestions, or the screen resolution may be set wrong example; 1024 by 1280 instead of 1280 by 1024, if it was entered this way on my screen the view would be sideways as you described.

Hope this helps.

Yoda Knight 13:28 25 Feb 05

the buttons on the front of my screen allow me to turn it sideways aswell

tomcats 13:32 25 Feb 05

I will pass this on as well and see what the response is

Thanks again

Carpigiani 13:35 25 Feb 05

Some displays can be rotated by pressing the 'Ctrl/Alt/up arrow' keys

tomcats 13:44 25 Feb 05

Thanks Iwill tell her to try that as well

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…