TFT screen for both PC use and game console?

ranj 10:46 24 Jun 07

Hi folks

I looking to replace my big 19" CRT Dell monitor which has served me well over the past few years. Man its a bulky thing!!!!

So I been looking at TFT screens and am thinking of buying something which is 20" and above, is widescreen and the main reason is so I can use it as a screen for the PC and also as a screen if i buy a 360 or ps3, which I am thinking of when the prices come down.

Does anyone know if I can use a next gen games console with a TFT. I pretty sure I can do it with a LCD screen from brands such as sony and samsung but am not sure if they are the way to go to use for PC monitors ( I know they all say PC input - but are they actually any good for PC applications?)

Am I also right in saying that the next gen consoles have an HDMI output for the best quality in video gaming so ideally I need one of those for ultimate gaming pictures?

If anyone can advise me on solutions or pitfuls of my ideas, that would be most gratefully appreciated. I dont have a particular budget in mind but dont want to spend more than £350 (GBP).

thank you

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced