TFT Refresh Rates

numskull 08:59 13 Mar 04

I have a 17" Iiyama TFT monitor and would like to know what is the correct refresh rate? When I install all the drivers (graphics card and monitor) it defaults to 60herts which I think is what iiyama say is correct. My only other option is 70herts which I think is better but it may be my imagination.

Which is correct? Can anybody advise please.

Stuartli 09:24 13 Mar 04

TFTs require a much lower refresh rate than the 85MHz minimum recommended for CRT monitors, so you've no need to worry about this point.

Stuartli 14:27 13 Mar 04

This link explains the differences between refresh rates etc used in CRT and TFT monitors:

click here

fitcher 20:01 13 Mar 04

tft monitors run at 60 mhz they also like to be run at a fixed resolution ,, so do not use any higher ..if your icons look to small change to 120 dpi display properties ,,

Djohn 20:39 13 Mar 04

Yep 60 Hz is best for TFT's. 17" screens have a native resolution of 1280x1024 if you move away from this the graphics/text will suffer but there is a way to enlarge the graphics/text without loosing any of the quality or sharpness of the display.

Right click on your desktop, choose properties then "Settings/Advanced", general tab. You will see a window with "DPI" setting and it will be at 96 points. Click to the right of the window and from the drop-down menu choose 120 DPI this will enlarge all your text/graphics without any loss of quality. You can also choose a customised view and set your own preference.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Windows Event live stream, live blog | Microsoft event live stream: Watch Microsoft…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

iPhone 7 Plus review: A superb big-screen phablet, but the price tag's enormous | iPhone 7 Plus…