TFT Problem - Urgent!

K.H 17:18 03 Mar 04

Hi folks

I have had my Philips LCD 17" Monitor since christmas, and all has been fine.

Today, when i powered up my PC the screen OSD was in another language, Japanese i think, and i could not acess my OSD to change it. Windows is not showing up its a blank screen, and i have tried using my old 15" CRT monitor and that worked fine. The last time the PC was used was last night and it was fine when i turned it off.

My OS= Windows 98SE.

Regards

K.H

hugh-265156 17:24 03 Mar 04

with your crt connected go to into display settings and reduce your desktop resolution to 1024x768 and in the advanced settings set the refresh rate to 60hz.connect up the tft again and try it.

all i can think of trying sorry.

K.H 17:27 03 Mar 04

Thank you huggyg71

I will try this, after i have contacted PCWorld about it.

I'm appauled at the rates - £1 per minute and you can be on for up to 20mins. After spending £320 on my TFT i should expect better customer help.

rickf 17:39 03 Mar 04

Its brand new so don't mess around with it too much apart from what huggy has advised. Take it back otherwise and get an exchange under your statutory rights.

Djohn 17:45 03 Mar 04

K.H You say can't access OSD to change the language. Have you used the controls on the monitor itself to display the settings?

If you can access the settings this way, what is it that's stopping you from changing the language?

K.H 21:30 03 Mar 04

Thank you for your replies.

Djohn, that is what i meant by OSD (On Screen Display) I am trying to use the monitors built-in controls to change the language - The problem isn't in Windows it's with the TFT, because usig my old CRT monitor, Windows is fully English.

Regards

K.H

Djohn 21:38 03 Mar 04

Hi K.H. The option should be there when you bring the OSD up on the screen. You should see an Icon for language, use the buttons on the monitor to move along through the options until "Language" is highlighted then cycle through them until you find English.

K.H 21:41 03 Mar 04

When i press the OSD button, the menu will stay up for around 3 seconds, and then automatically close down again, this isn't supposed to happen, also there isnt any options, the only thing it says is "OSD" followed by some Japanese text.

Thanks

K.H

Jester2K 21:48 03 Mar 04

What is the exact model number?

K.H 21:50 03 Mar 04

Philips 17" LCD monitor 170C4

Regards

K.H

Djohn 22:13 03 Mar 04

K.H. Is there a "Menu" button on the monitor?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…