TFT only half working ?

RENNO 21:33 14 Dec 04

Hi there ,
Hope all is well with the world and that you are lookig forward to christmas. anyway to the problem at hand. My new TFT XIOD IM17SM has just started to play up. Only the top half works with the bottom half seeming to be responding very slowly to the signal it is receiving.

I have tried a different monitor with the PC and that works , downloaded latest drivers for Graphics card and tried cables and settings etc .

Im starting to loose hair over this . Any help whatsoever would be greatly appreciated.

Merry christmas all

Thanks Renno

Sans le Sou 21:44 14 Dec 04

Suggest you get it replaced under the warranty, as it is new.

Jeffers22 21:47 14 Dec 04

As per S L C. Tell the supplier exactly as you posted and you should be in line for a replacement.

RENNO 21:48 14 Dec 04

I know I can do that but I just want to make sure that Im not doing anything silly. Also I can do without the hassle of being without it

Sans le Sou 22:07 14 Dec 04

I think it is as we say in the good ole EEC
"Kaput,buggered,non functiona,etc.

TommyRed 23:35 14 Dec 04

Had a very similar problem with a Medion TFT, switching the power off and straight back on resolved it, kept it like that for a good few months then replaced it before the warranty ran out. BTW I got the offer of a old CRT monitor for the cost of the postage from here. Now keep that as a spare for me or my daughter. Sometimes you can also get lucky on e-bay if the seller is near and there's no p & p. HTH TR

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…