TFT monitor and XP pro

Gaz 25 23:27 14 Jan 03
  Gaz 25 23:27 14 Jan 03

I have a fully updated XP Pro and a 17" TFT monitor now I have 3 of these and only this com puter has this problem.

While you are working the screen goes off for 3Secs and then comes back on. I have disabled screensavers and auto-off and also checked the connection but the screen does this every time but not all the time.

What could it be?

Thanks,

Migwell 23:48 14 Jan 03

Is it the same monitor you are talking about being used on each of the three computers in turn and the monitor is not working with just one computer, or is it three complete set-up's, ie. three computers and three monitors? then 1 monitor is not working with only 1 computer.

It might help to know if the faulty setup is working ok by swaping computers / monitors around. Try swaping graphics cards, to see if the faulty setup works ok with another card etc.

Gaz 25 23:57 14 Jan 03

I have 3 seperate computers with 3 monitors connected to each one all of the same spec. I have just replaced the Grpahics card now and it seams to do the same, it sort of flickers on and off during work.

DieSse 00:52 15 Jan 03

Have you exchanged the monitor the "flicks" with another system, so that you know for sure whether it's the monitor of the system??

DieSse 00:53 15 Jan 03

... monitor OR the system ...

Gaz 25 00:58 15 Jan 03

Seams to be the system, what could cause this problem?

It does not flicker like a stroble light it just goes on and off occasionally and yet the power light is still on the monitor as green.

Gaz 25 02:28 15 Jan 03

^

Old PC man 10:23 15 Jan 03

So you're saying that all three monitors flicker when attached to the dodgy computer?

Have you tried swapping the cable around the three monitors or have you just moved the monitor and kept the same cable attached?

If you have changed the graphics card and the monitor, try changing the video cable.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…