TFT Monitor viewing problem

uok 19:55 13 Apr 03

I’ve recently bought a medion 15 “flat screen monitor", the problem I have is most of the web pages I access ie; BBC, only take up ¾ of the width of the screen, whereas Iv'e just noticed this site takes up all of the width of the screen. I’m not sure if there is an option somewhere I can change?

Thanking you in anticipation

Hiuok

Gongoozler 20:36 13 Apr 03

uok, I think you will find this is just because many web pages are designed for a lower resolution screen, but somehow those clever web design people can design a site like this one to expand to fill the screen. My monitor is set to 1024 x 768, and I find that sites such as bbcshop.com only fills 3/4 of the screen width, whereas PCA fills the screen.

Djohn 20:47 13 Apr 03

Gongoozler is correct, I have a 17" TFT, and BBC along with a few other sites, only take up anything from 2/3 to 3/4 of the screen.

I find that this is of help if you don't use your windows maximised. If you have them restored down to a size where you can fit two or more windows on screen at the same time, it can be very useful.

You can for instance have the PCA site open and also another site, or application at the same time. J.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 review: a range of small updates add up to an excellent phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How New York’s Stylin’ Seniors became a golden social media campaign

23 Apple Watch tips & secret features: Master your Apple Watch, Apple Watch Series 1 or Apple…