tft monitor config problems

scholesboy 12:35 24 Aug 05

i have just got a phillips 170c tft monitor i have a radeon 9600 pro atlantis graphics card, i am having trouble with web pages , i have set the resolution to 1280x1024 at 60hz , and everything went small,when i browse the web the pages have become tiny i try to select larger text size but the web page text jumbles up and the pictures on sreen covers other web pics , could anyone advise me on how to configure my tft

Diodorus Siculus 12:40 24 Aug 05

By going into the properties of the desktop, you can change the desktop resolution. I assume that for now it is set for default of the monitor.

Right click on desktop and choose properties.

scholesboy 13:40 24 Aug 05

hasnt solved my problem with internet browsing pages are displayed to small , my old monitor was working fine , wish i never got this new tft

DieSse 22:29 24 Aug 05

Although 1280x1024 is the native resolution for 17" monitors - It does make things a bit small for many people - and if you set it for 1024x768 - which I find about right, then the display on a TFT will be less than ideal. This is one of the drawbacks of TFTs - incidentally this may be solved in Windows Vista by decoupling Resolution from display size.

What are you used to using on your old monitor BTW?

scholesboy 22:39 24 Aug 05

sorry i must apologise for my lack of knowledge of graphics , could you explain what windows vista is please??? and in not sure what you mean by btw??????

DieSse 23:00 24 Aug 05

BTW = By The Way.

Windows Vista - The next major release of Windows - not due out until next year sometime.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…