TFT Monitor - AOC LM-520 15inch

Silverbeard 15:40 06 Jul 03

Hi

The above seems good for around £200. Any comments, good or bad? Lots of dud pixels? It has 3 year on site warranty.

If it is not recommended, is there a good one at the same sort of price?

I need to upgrade monitors as I can no longer handle the weight of my 15inch CRT and want a larger viewing area.

Robert

barrie_g 16:52 06 Jul 03

There are lots of 15" tft screens around for this sort of price, Though I dont have any experience of them personally, if your unsure of this monitor Argos do a 15" tft for £180-£190 which seems to have a pretty good spec with the added advantage that if you dont like it you can take it back any time within 16 days.

LastChip 17:26 06 Jul 03

I've used an AOC LM700 (17") for around a couple of years now, and its been perfect. No dead pixels as far as I can see.

If you get one, just be careful how you handle it. They are not as robust as a conventional CRT, and you certainly want to ban anyone from physically touching it, as cleaning has to be done carefully, and the less you have to do it, the better.

However, it is (imho) easier on the eyes, has a smaller footprint and providing it is not misused, a very nice piece of kit.

Silverbeard 14:41 07 Jul 03

Many thanks barrie_g and LastChip for the helpful comments. I hadn't appreciated that TFT monitors were less robust than CRT's - good point to bear in mind.

Robert

jbaker65 15:45 07 Jul 03

Hi, keep your eye on Aldi stores. They have Medion 15" TFT monitors at £159 about twice a year. They may even be less next time.
Cheers, John.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…