TFT Monitor:

sydhall 14:37 05 Feb 07

Help please anybody got any ideas? I recently purchased a 19” wide screen Monitor unfortunately one of my granddaughters has seen fit to attempt to draw a line across it with a Sharp Ballpoint pen! Most of it I have managed to erase? But it seems around 5 inches has gone a little deeper and shows on the screen during access.

ANY IDEAS for removal:

Syd.

Woolwell 16:14 05 Feb 07

Insurance claim? Sorry cannot be more helpful.

Totally-braindead 17:40 05 Feb 07

If it has actually scratched the surface then there a few things you can try but unfortunatly all of the ideas have certain risks. You could make it worse if its a scratch. You can remove or at least reduce a scratch by using toothpaste for example but it can scratch the screen area round about it making it worse.
If you are technically minded then you could attempt dismantling it, what I am thinking is there might be a plastic membrane covering the screen and this could perhaps be removed and replaced.
I have to stress that I have never tried either of these ideas, the first idea of toothpaste works with the likes of damaged CDs sometimes but I have never tried it on a TFT so am hesistant to say the least, it could make it a damn site worse. The second idea might be possible but since I've never dismantled a TFT it might be pie in the sky in that there might not be a membrane to replace.
I think that either you live with it or check your insurance as has been suggested.

sorry but i would have to agree with woolwell, if it has in dented the membrane i think replacement is the only option.
maybe contact the manufacturer to see if they could help, im sure its not the first time!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac