TFT Flat Panels

EQ 22:42 03 Mar 03

I want to change my Mitsubishi Diamond Plus 92 CRT monitor for a TFT flat panel but understand there may be problems with 'dead cells' can anyone tell me what this means? Also my graphics card is nvida geforce ultra 64MB would this have to changes or re-configured. Thanks

powerless 22:53 03 Mar 03

Dead cells or Dead Pixels are pixels that will stay the same colour...

For example a white display displaying an ALL white background. A dead pixel maybe red so within the white background you will see a red dot.

All TFT are proun to them. I have two and they do not effect my display. You will only really see them if you go up close and look for them.

Your graphics would fit,but you would have to use the VGA input. There is another input called DVI which helps with the display. Just connect the card up an away you go.

powerless 22:54 03 Mar 03

Your graphics card would fit. - me means

Gaz 25 22:58 03 Mar 03

I have 6 TFT's and they all work wonders:

Easy on the eyes, etc.

They are wonderful, never had a dead pixel atall.

A dead pixel or "cell" is just a small black dot that does not conduct and makes a small area of the screen unviewable, smaller than the size of this: .

The monitor will configure itself, no probs just install the disk after booted or let XP do it if you have XP.

CTX - click here can manage to guarantee ZERO DEAD PIXELS!!!

No problems!

Give it ago, space saving.

Regards,
Gaz

shortcircuited 23:05 03 Mar 03

for a big square thing

I think theyre a wonderful new technology (ok, not so new)

bfoc 23:48 03 Mar 03

which had a 17' LG TFT. It was wonderful and no dead pixels at all.

I am awaiting my new machine, this week, it will have the same Monitor and I can't wait.

Actually my 19 inch CRT monitor, being a Trinitron, has two thin dark lines across it. They probably take up more 'space' than even a few 'dead pixels'!

accord 07:40 04 Mar 03

click here iiyama 15" TFT. Took the time it takes to unpack and plug in lead to set up. Wouldnt go back to CRT

accord 07:41 04 Mar 03

sorry, dead pixels?? never seen any on this monitor o my IBM and Sony laptops.

Andsome 08:19 04 Mar 03

If you want a decent monitor with first class after sales service, have a look here

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…