TFT display fault even in BIOS

Rubyiat 13:35 18 Jun 04

Monitor displaying coloured flashing barcode stripes off and on and occasionally just nice white screen. Have had new graphics card and no change. As per Evesham tested in BIOS and screen still playing up. They say monitor on way out, Samsung will replace but could be couple of weeks.Can it possibly be anything else? Have no means of checking monitor - bit short on computer using neighbours and need to work this weekend.
Using Win ME. System only 2 1/2 years old

Fruit Bat 14:30 18 Jun 04

If g. card and drivers renewed and still same agree with evesham.

However check for loose connections in plug or monitor leads.

/\0/\

Rubyiat 16:21 18 Jun 04

yes all connections checked ok so will wait around for Samsung unless hear from anyone else over weekend. Thanks

TommyRed 17:03 18 Jun 04

Similar thing just happened to me, tell a lie I've known about it for month's but waited to get a cheap replacement monitor to use whilst mine was getting repaired or replaced. Mine is a Medion TFT and after 3 or 4 hours of continuous use the screen would flicker and the bottom 2/3rds of the screen would go silver, nothing was visible in this area. Turning the power off and immediately back on would resolve it for a short time. I was getting towards the end of the warranty period so that's why I decided to sort it. Curry's Tech Support also got me to leave it in the BIOS to see i9f it happened there, it did so has been returned to Medion. So sounds like it could be on the way out. HTH TR

Rubyiat 12:32 20 Jun 04

thanks both of you

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…